Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

Good news for me!!

Go down

Good news for me!!

Post by jewel33 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:54 am

This isn't a win, so I can't post it in the win thread...BUT ... it sure feels like a win to me!! I received a telephone call yesterday inviting me to be part of the President-Elect's transition team talks. They picked some community organizations and activists and organizers ... and I get to go as an Ohio representative to voice the concerns of the poor, working-poor, working-class, and barely-making-it middle class. I was able to attend the Democratic National Convention in August, which was an awesome thing, especially since my entire family (besides myself and my own children) live in Colorado and Wyoming. This was the first time I was able to see my sis since my mom passed 3 years ago and my brother since our foster father passed in March - really nice to be able to see them without crying about someone we love being gone, you know? So I ramble on .. but I feel really honored, especially since I was middle-class seven years ago and am now one of the masses of unemployed, gone-back-to-being poor folk Smile
jewel33
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good news for me!!

Post by TheScribbler on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:59 am

Congratulations! Personally, I think we need more people to stand up and let our government know how we feel and what we, the people, are going through during these trying times. We had to layoff all of our employees and bankruptcy is in our future if things don't pick up soon. People are so afraid to spend money on anything these days. It doesn't help the small business person, for sure. If you get the chance to voice my suggestion please do so. I say they need to stop bailing out the big giant corporations and give bail outs to the small businesses that support and run this country. Loans have dried up and with not being able to pay the bills our business credit scores are taking more and more by the day. So even when the economy picks up we are screwed. Something has to be done and our government needs to start listening to the people who put them where they are.

Personally, I think we need to give our government a good 'house cleaning' and get some new blood in there that want to do the bidding of the people and not just work their way to the white house, etc.

Sorry for the long vent. I'm thrilled for you that you have a chance at making your voice heard, there are millions of us that don't have that opportunity.

The Scribbler
TheScribbler
Admin

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-12-21

View user profile http://www.bbnewsviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jewel33 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 pm

I will pass that on; it's really important that small businesses, who actually make up the majority of employers now, are the ones that get the breaks. I'm actually making a list of people's suggestions to take with me, because I think that it's important for everyone's voices to be heard. It's time that the people we elect to represent us actually DO represent the people that voted them in, not just the people with the most money in their pocket.
jewel33
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JanJ on Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Congratulations jewel33, that is better than most wins!
I agree with Kelly, the small businesses will be and are
hurting the most.
JanJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content